Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another long day at work (are they ever short?) followed by dinner at home (thank god for leftovers!) and all the other activities one usually might expect (or not) while school is coming to a close for the kids.

Toward the end of the day, I was so close to heading out to bed and vegitating in front of the TV.  But I also wanted to work on my latest project.

Until this past December, silvermaking meant I had to head to the garage - and dress appropriately for the weather.  Now that I've moved to the basement and arranged a work area, it's so much easier and the weather isn't an issue.  So now if I have a couple of hours, I don't have much of an excuse.

It was a pretty close call, but I decided to continue working on my latest ring.  A couple of  hours later, and this is what I have so far.
I don't know if you can see it, but the silver work is a bit different than before - yes, the details are still rough and need finishing, so bear with me.  But the leaves and flowers are slightly more 3-dimentional than in my earlier work.  I hope that this becomes more evident once I finish the edges and oxidize the piece to add more depth.

If I have enough free time, I really hope to make some more progress tomorrow.  With luck, maybe even finish it!

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

-------------------------------------

Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!

Would you like to be a Contrariwise Follower and see what trouble I might be up to or what I'm working on? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

7 Comments:

  1. hopestudios said...
    yay for basements! (we don't have those here in Texas) so is this the teaser series? lookin' fabulous! love the sidekick flower and the leaves are looking cool!
    TheFrogBag said...
    Wow, good for you! It looks wonderful. I need to be more motivated... Maybe this will give me a little boost!
    Creative Classics said...
    Ooooh this is going to be pretty! I can just tell! Yay for basements!
    Amy said...
    I'd like to say I would've worked instead of relaxed, but I bet that would not end up being true! - good for you for finding the energy!
    Angelia said...
    Yea, I finally have my studio back after a fire, it is amazing how much I missed it. Love your new design.
    Stephanie said...
    it looks good already!
    Contrariwise said...
    I couldn't get to the ring tonight. I spent about 2 hours ordering silver and supplies from one of my favorite shops because they're having a sale, and photographing some cabs I just got in the mail today.

    All just part of the job.

    I hope to be able to finish this ring this weekend.

Post a Comment