Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just listed these in my shop a minute ago.

I have a handful of Sleeping Beauty cabs I bought about a year ago and, while they last, every once in a while I get around to making another pair of earrings.  Each pair of earrings has been different in design.  (To see the other earring styles in my blog, go here and here.)  And I think each new pair has been better than the last.

These latest earrings were an experiment in stamping metal.   They look simple, but I probably made them in the most difficult way imaginable!  (It's all in my learning process.)  Next time, I'll know better.

More photos of these earrings can be found here.

And, right now, I have several new pieces in my tumbler:  a couple different gemstone earrings and a large Prudent Man Agate pendant.  I hope to be listing them in my shop in the next couple of days.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!

Would you like to be a Contrariwise Follower and see what trouble I might be up to or what I'm working on? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

7 Comments:

  1. hopestudios said...
    these are so sweet! love all your sleeping beauties. (hmmm...my next contrariwise ring in turquoise?)
    Contrariwise said...
    Honestly, I used to really dislike turquoise. But I think maybe it was the typical settings that turquoise was set in that turned me off. Now I really appreciate the different shades and textures of the stone and enjoy working with it.

    I am really drawn to blues, including turquoise, and I have to stop myself from buying too many cabs in that color.
    Stephanie said...
    how pretty! I love the colour
    TheFrogBag said...
    I really like turquoise, but you're right about the wrong setting being a turn-off. These are beauties, however!
    DVArtist said...
    These earrings are the perfect size. Love them and a great job.
    Nicole/Beadwright
    Creative Classics said...
    These are really beautiful!
    jdavissquared said...
    your jewelry is so pretty! i love your attention to detail.

    found you on etsy forums, i hope you'll come visit me too!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment