Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I was surfing on the internet yesterday and happened to find a site with quotes about dogs. After reading them, it made me want to rush home and give my dog a hug.

Here's a few of my favorites:

  • The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. -Anonymous

  • There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. -Ben Williams

  • A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. -Josh Billings

  • We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It’s the best deal man has ever made. -M. Acklam

  • I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner

  • The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. -Andrew A. Rooney

  • He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -Unknown

  • Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies. -Gene Hill

  • "The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. . . .He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. . . .When all other friends desert, he remains." - George G Vest
  • The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. - Polish Proverb

  • No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich. -Louis Sabin

  • Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. - Roger Caras
  • If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

  • My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet. -Edith Wharton

  • A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. -Robert Benchley

  • If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

  • Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. -Franklin P. Jones
  • If your dog is fat, you aren’t getting enough exercise. -Unknown

  • My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That’s almost $21.00 in dog money. -Joe Weinstein

  • Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." - Mordecai Siegal

  • Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul — chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth! -Anne Tyler

  • Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein

  • Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

  • If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. -Mark Twain

  • Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

  • My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am. -Toby & Eileen Green


Photobucket



(If you'd be interesting in subscribing to my blog and receiving it by e-mail, just click Subscribe to Contrariwise ramblings by Email.)

5 Comments:

  1. Teena in Toronto said...
    Awesome quotes!

    And KC likes 'em too!
    Anonymous said...
    Dogs and cats alike are good for your health! We're total animal lovers! I love all the clever quotes, especailly the one about doing being psychiatrist.
    Anonymous said...
    thanks for dropping..
    --
    I like this quote

    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. -Anonymous
    Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...
    The dog quotes are really cool. I've got a dog at home too and I seriously can't imagine my life without dogs. It wouldn't seem right at all :P
    Aka Pamela S. said...
    Hi! Thank you for coming to my blog! You're the first person from the US to leave me a message on my blog! Hahaha... I think your jewellery looks amazing! Ever considered if you would like to take orders from Singapore? I would be most pleased to show off one of your pieces *but you've gotta send one over* if you're keen and post it up on my blog for people in Singapore if they're keen yknow... let me know! :)

Post a Comment