Monday, April 28, 2008

I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a survey in the upper right hand side of this blog and I would love if everyone would participate in it

I've been blogging away for a few months now, and I thought it was time to sit back and think about the purpose of this blog.

So many people say that blogs are great promotional tools. So last year I decided to start one, thinking that I should focus primarily on my jewelry and also feature other Etsy artists.

But as you've probably noticed, I haven't exactly followed my original plan. Yes, Contrariwise Ramblings does seem to be aptly named. It seems that I just can't help peppering my blog with stuff about my kids, my dog, and anything that amuses me. (Polish postcards, anyone?)

I've heard that the best blogs are ones that are focused. So maybe I've gotten a little off track.

Lately I've been wondering if I should go back and make this a jewelry/etsy -only blog or keep it as is. (All I know is, if Contrariwise Ramblings is going to be jewelry-only, then I'll definitely be channeling my weirder side to another blog.)

So take the survey, or leave a comment, and let me know!


MAY 1 UPDATE: The survey is over. I'll be posting the results in the near future.

5 Comments:

  1. LazyTcrochet said...
    I voted. I was wondering the same thing about my own blog. Interesting results so far.
    Kimberly Monaco said...
    I also was wondering about this... in fact I very rarely say anything about the jewelry these days!
    I think you should leave it just the way it is... i love the tutorials.. love the jewelry... but also love taking a 'peek' inside your life. Keep it coming!!
    Glitterd1 said...
    I think your blog has a nice mix. For me, I enjoy getting to know about the real person behind the creations. I don't like surfing between 3 different blogs to read about ONE person. But then...I'm terribly lazy. :)
    Anonymous said...
    I love your blog, but I understand the 'taking the weirder side' to another blog too. (I will have a darker blog in addition to my current one, when I start to get into the Halloween end of things). I think having more than one blog is a really 'freeing' way to go; if you are in the mood to be more raucus, you write in one format, more arty or whatever, another. I think you have the right idea! Not that my opinion counts, that is... ;-)
    xoxo
    K
    Anonymous said...
    I agree, it's a nice mix, and well-balanced as it is. I don't blog, but I read blogs that interest me, and your posts are always something to look forward to.

Post a Comment