Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, Mooshu will be cheering for the Colts this Sunday.  As a Hoosier, how could he not???


We've been living on and off again in Indiana for the past 30 years.  (No, not MooShu. He's only a puppy.)  So it's obvious that we're rooting for the  Colts.  But about 10 years ago, we briefly made Maryland our home.

I'm really not a huge football fan.  So it was a surprise to me that, whenever I was asked where I'd moved from, the immediate somewhat disgruntled response was inevitably, "Oh.   Indiana.  Yeah, you stole our Colts from us."

OK.  Dead pause in conversation. 

This happened every single time I mentioned that our family had moved from Indianapolis. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Obviously people in Maryland take their football very seriously and can hold a  grudge.

As you can imagine, this got tiring pretty quickly.  After a while, I decided that, rather than taking the defensive, I had to do the opposite.

So, whenever I got asked where I was I was from, I took the offensive:  " Oh, we just moved from Indianapolis.  You know, HOME OF THE COLTS."

This also resulted in a dead pause in the conversation.  At least it wasn't DIRECTLY due to me.


(Oh, and if you couldn't tell, MooShu's a Peyton Manning fan.)






Do you want to subscribe to my blog by email? Click here!.
Would you like to be a Contrariwise follower? All you have to do is click on the link in my side bar on the left.

7 Comments:

  1. Audrey said...
    We watch the super bowl - but only for the commercials :) Not big football fans as a rule.
    Hope your team wins!
    Contrariwise said...
    Those commercials are my favorite part too. Other than the fact that our hometown is playing, I would normally just watch the Superbowl for them. And the half-time.

    The Who will be doing the half-time show. Let's hope that Roger Daltrey doesn't have a waldrobe malfunction.

    :-P
    WillOaks Studio said...
    Mooshu is probably the cutest football fan I've ever seen!! Love your story--I happened to be living in chicago the one and only time (in my life) that they went to the Superbowl and maybe that was the last time I cared? Except to watch for the commercials and the half time show, that is....
    Contrariwise said...
    WillOaks,
    What a coincedence. I was also living in the Chicago area when they went to the superbowl. It was pretty exciting - the only time I ever followed a team.
    Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...
    What a sweetie! I'm rooting for the Colts also!
    Joyce said...
    awww so sweet!!!
    hopestudios said...
    i laughed outloud at my desk! it's so obvious i'm not working...oops!
    mooshu should be a model.

Post a Comment