Monday, February 25, 2008

Before I went to bed on Friday, I checked my blog and noted that it had almost 5000 views. Not bad for me; I was pretty pleased. On Saturday I woke up, still groggy, got on the internet and thought that my blog was up to 5160 views.

Wow, I thought, a lot of views overnight. Neatorama must have picked up on the story about 1943 hiring practices of women that I submitted to them.

Off I went to check statcounter, clicked on my account and saw a graph that went through the roof.

What gives? Is statcounter having problems? Then I realized I didn't have 5160 views on my blog, I had 15, 160 !

It turned out that my post had not only been linked by Neatorama, but then it got submitted to Reddit and National Review!

Over the weekend, there were times when I was getting a hit every second. What a riot!

Since this will never happen again, I need to document this. Take a look at the statistics for the weekend:

Blog hits over the weekend

And here's a view from ClustrMaps of where the hits came from:
clustermap of my hits
There were more, but the high number of hits overwhelmed my the account. :-)

7 Comments:

  1. High Desert Diva said...
    Amazing what a little article can do!
    Karma by Morgan said...
    nice job!!! and thanks for adding me to your list :)

    its pretty amazing what a little blogging can do - you are an inspiration!
    Contrariwise said...
    Thanks!

    /blush
    Yazmin said...
    Well, I certainly did my share of passing it around to friends and family. I thought it was hilarious. :)

    Congrats on all the traffic.
    CopperSpringsLeather said...
    Awesome! Congrats
    sheasy said...
    WoW! That's amazing! You must be so proud!!
    Dottie H. (Stonebrash Creative Arts) said...
    Congratulations!!! You must be over the moon. Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment