Thursday, July 1, 2010
A box of new toys for making jewelry.
All of this is stuff I've never used before but I've been dying to try. I just put in an order on Monday with Contenti, and I wasn't expecting to see my shipment for a week. But here it is!
It's just like Christmas at my house. It took me about 5 minutes to rip open the package.
Whoo hoo! What did I get!!!???
- A DRILL PRESS. Although this is their economy model, it should make it easier for me to make holes in metal and cut-outs in metal (for example, the settings behind my cabs).
I've wanted it ever since Contenti started carrying it, but it's been out of stock for months. Until this week.
I especially appreciate this description in their listing: "The instruction booklet provided with the unit is written in incomprehensible English. For the sake of clarity, we have re-written them." (So true to life that it's almost funny.)
Yup, no more using my dremel, which is pretty inaccurate for drilling and has made me ruin more than a couple pieces.
- A NYLON HAMMER. No, not for me to whack my husband. But for me to whack silver without marring it. I'm hoping it works even better than my rawhide mallet.
- BINDING WIRE. To place little bits of silver into bondage for me to solder them more accurately. Never tried it before. This might prove to be very interesting, fun and, probably, oh so frustrating.
Or, as those of us in the corporate world are taught to say, "This will be an opportunity." (ARGH!!!!)
- A CHARCOAL BLOCK. Yes, I'm going place my leftover scraps of sterling on this and melt them into little balls of solid silver goodness.
And, best of all, something I should have gotten long ago:
- AN OPTIVISOR. 5 x, with a loupe.
And yes, my daughter literally just threatened to disown me.
Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!
Would you like to be a Contrariwise Follower and see what trouble I might be up to or what I'm working on? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.