Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Pendant

 Just finished this necklace this weekend.  (I blogged about this necklace earlier, here and here. )

The centerpiece is a huge Sleeping Beauty turquoise.  It's a beautiful solid blue.  The setting has vines set asymmetrically on one side. Similar vines have been cut out on the back, allowing the blue turquoise to peek through.

The chain has silver and turquoise beads - one set dangles in the back from the clasp and the other set is to one side of the pendant.

This took me too long to make. I kept fiddling with the design and it took me a while to get the bail just right so that the pendant would hang correctly at the neck, without tilting. There is a lot of heavy silver in this one, and the amount of silver in the design on the left made the pendant want to tilt.  But I did get it finally get it right.

The person who originally commissioned this pendant decided not to purchase this piece. The silverwork on it was bigger than she expected.  So you'll be able to find it listed in my Etsy shop.




---------------------------

Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!

Would you like to be a Contrariwise Follower and see what trouble I might be up to or what I'm working on? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

5 Comments:

  1. hopestudios said...
    love the adjustable chain and the dangley beads! having short hair, i always love dangles in the back.

    what a beautiful setting for the sleeping beauty. nice job!
    Jo said...
    That is beautiful! I'm sure it will find a new owner very soon.
    Contrariwise said...
    Thank you so much.

    I'm learning that commissions can sometimes be difficult. I may need to rethink my strategy of listing cabs for custom orders. (Or have a stricter return/buy policy.)
    Danielle Ross said...
    There is a lot less stress involved when you design a piece from start to finish and then right person comes along that loves it as you designed it. That piece was meant for them, and only them.
    Contrariwise said...
    Danielle,
    I think you're so right and I'm only starting to learn that.

    But then again, there's also the satisfaction of knowing that someone has been involved in creating their own piece of art. And that they own a one of a kind creation only meant for them.

Post a Comment