Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's on my workbench right now

Lots of stuff!

I love doing these Workbench posts.  I sweep the crap off my table with my hand, lay out my unfinished pieces, and snap a few photos.  It's really a little slice of my life.

I've had a really busy weekend.  By tonight I'll have 4 new pieces of jewelry finished - including a pendant with the blue stone you see at the above left.  I've also finished photographing several other pieces that are in my "backlog".  (I just never seem to have enough time.)

And, finally,  I will be listing several brand new pieces on my Etsy store over the next couple of days.  (Starting later today.)

And do you remember the piece in the middle.  It's a huge freeform Graveyard Plume agate.  To the right of it is the setting, which is partially oxidized and waiting to be polished and set.

I started it a while back and wrote about it in an earlier post.   It's taken me seemingly forever, but now it's almost finished.  The uneven natural stone on one end was definitely a new experience and I learned a lot.  What I can absolutely promise is that you will see the final necklace posted in my blog sometime this week - along with more about how I made it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!

Would you like to be a Contrariwise follower and see what I'm up to? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

6 Comments:

  1. hopestudios said...
    i've been dyin to see how this one turns out! the setting looks amazing! i love the addition of stones to the chain, too. can't wait to see all the new pieces.
    Anonymous said...
    Looking good! Waiting in anticipation for the finale.
    Contrariwise said...
    I'm looking forward to finishing this one too! The graveyard agate is set and the necklace completely finished. I just have to take photos.
    nancy said...
    Will look forward to the finished piece, so far it looks great to me!
    Nancy
    Virginia said...
    I love the patina on the unfinished silver. I know that a lot of those colors will be worked off as it is polished but those 'rusted purples' are so rich. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Contrariwise said...
    Most of the patina has been polished off. In fact, the silver in the setting under the stone has been polished to a mirror-like shine. The stone is partly translucent, and the shiny silver behind it makes it absolutely glow.

    I hope to take photos tonight.

Post a Comment