Monday, April 12, 2010

During the day I have a full-time job, but in the evenings and weekends I steal away a few hours working on my hobby and improving my techniques.

Depending on what else is going on in my life, this may mean that I may not get to my workshop at all for a while.  But on a good week, I might get as much 12 hours.

In the past couple of weeks, I've gotten some gorgeous stones which have inspired me to create new pieces of jewelry - but I've been so intent on working on them that I didn't want to use my spare time to take photos!  So I have a lot of new jewelry to photograph and list in my shop.

Today I finished this new ring and decided it was time to take some photos!

The stone in this ring is a black lace agate.  Nature created a perfect miniature landscape within this wonderful stone.

The agate has an image of autumn reeds in the foreground bordering a flowing stream.  In the background clouds float in the late-evening sky.  A full moon peeking behind the clouds illuminates the scene 

To complement the flora of the stone, hand-cut leaves are asymmetrically positioned on the setting and the motif is continued in the band.

A signature dragonfly can be found on the back.

More photos of this, my latest ring, are found here.



---------------------------------------------------------------
Do you want to subscribe to my blog by email? Click here!.

Would you like to be a Contrariwise follower and see what I'm up to?  All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

5 Comments:

  1. Marion B. said...
    I'm in love with your work. A a newbee I am very impressed and I hope to be as good as you are some day. And this ring again, georgious.
    Anonymous said...
    Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    Contrariwise said...
    Thank you so much.

    I really try to make my jewelry have a handcrafted look. Buying unusual and unique stones is one way I hope to achieve that. This agate is definitely one of the more unique stones that I've acquired. It's even more amazing in person.
    hopestudios said...
    such nice balance. it totally looks like a landscape! that band is unique, too. really cool.
    DVArtist said...
    This is absolutely stunning!!!! Everything about it is rich.
    Nicole/Beadwright

Post a Comment