Friday, April 30, 2010

I've been in a frenzy of activity lately.  It must be the springtime as well as the longer days that help bring me out of the doldrums of winter.

I bought these Red Creek Jasper cabs over a year ago, set them as earrings almost 6 months ago, and only photographed them this week!

But now they're finally ready to emerge, like the butterflies that they resemble.

In lovely shades of pinks and reds with touches of yellow and rust, these cabochons are not only shaped like butterfly wings, but they also seemingly have the delicate veining seen in many butterfly wings!

I could't bear to set them in anything but a sleek and contemporary setting.  The stones are just so spectacular, that any embellishments would just detract from them.  Then I hung the wing-like cabs from flowing earwires, so that they almost seem to be fluttering around your ears.

More photos can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to receive my blog by email? Click here!

Would you like to be a Contrariwise Follower and see what trouble I might be up to or what I'm working on? All you have to do is click on the link on the left in my side bar.

8 Comments:

  1. Gemheaven said...
    Gorgeous stones and settings ~ I drool over the stones you have lol!!
    Lilyja said...
    Beautiful!!
    Moonangelnay on Etsy said...
    gosh that is one long process! beautiful results though! I do that sometimes. Start something, then ages down the lines get it done... then eventually get pictures of it! lol! now at least was the right moment :) they're beautiful!
    Victoria said...
    Those are lovely, and perfectly named!
    Contrariwise said...
    ..and no butterflies were harmed in their creation!

    :-D
    Unknown said...
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    hopestudios said...
    sweet summertime earrings! nice job!
    Unknown said...
    These are stunning!

Post a Comment